SSL and custom domains
If you want SSL to apply to any custom domains you are using for hosted pages (eg attend.mylibrarydomain. info) you will need to generate a Private Key, request certificate(s) and supply them to Communico to install on our web servers.
1. Generate a Private Key and request a Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
For Linux based systems:
Refer to the section titled “Generate a Private Key and a CSR” and follow the steps in this guide
For Windows based systems:
You can generate a Private Key and CSR using Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS). Refer to the sections “How to generate a CSR in Microsoft IIS 7” and “Back Up Private Key” and follow the steps in this guide
2. Submit the CSR to your Certificate Authority or hosting provider.
3. The CA will then send you an SSL Certificate and any intermediate certificates.
4. Provide Communico with your Private Key and certificate(s)
Send Communico both the Private Key you generated (in step 1) and the SSL Certificate, and any intermediate certificates, issued by the CA.
5. Communico will notify you once SSL is applied to your site.